Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 2/Day 3 of bathroom makeover

Yesterday, a rep from the Wedi company showed up to install the shower area. These Wedi boards are basically waterproof boards that you install around the shower area (sort of like backer boards but a lot lighter!) and they also installed a pan on the shower floor. This stuff better work well! Although I suppose it's all about installing it correctly.
Anyhow, I couldn't get a good picture of it yesterday because the contractor started tiling before I could take some pictures:
The contractor put some more boards up today. Almost there! He said that he should be able to start tiling the shower area today too!
And this was where the floor tiling job ended yesterday:
And here's a pic as of today at 11am:
I have to say, it's looking pretty good! And I did want the tiles laid diagonally - that is suppose to make the room look bigger. Hopefully that's true! And oh, come to find out yesterday, we had bought 2 different sets of tiles (because we made two separate shopping trips) - Najavo Beige vs. Najavo Sand. Good thing the store still had plenty of the Beige!
And guess who I spotted when I was moving the pile of mortar in the garage. Mr turtle!
Or... is it a tortoise? We see him (or her?) every year, making it's way from the creek to who knows where!

No comments: