Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is in the air!

With all the rain that we've been getting, the plants are finally starting to bloom in the backyard. The rose bush was in bad need of pruning and of course, fighting with a thorny plant is never a good idea! Here are a couple of pics taken today.
I don't remember the name of this plant/flower. It's yet to come into full bloom.
And here are the daffodils. So pretty! I wish I could say the same for all the chives that are growing next to these daffodils. Spent about an hour and a half pulling them out and it seems like I've barely made a dent! I'm assuming the previous owners planted them and they seem to grow like weeds! Sort of the same as the mint. Never plant them in the ground!!!!
Spotted the hawk yesterday having its meal on a tree branch in the backyard.
I was trying to get a close up when the hawk picked up its meal. I didn't get a good picture but it almost looks like the bottom half of a frog. YUCK!

No comments: