Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home update

As the weather progresses to get warmer, I decided to start our little garden indoors. It's my first time using these biodegradable pots and some fancy soil... so we'll see if it works! We have basil, tomato, chives, parsley, cilantro, lemon, sunflowers,... I think that's it. I need to plant a chili plant too - for my dad when he visits :-)
And outdoors, we have a pot of lavender (Yes! I finally found some!). I can't wait for the flowers to bloom. Lavender reminds me so much of New Zealand - when we were driving in the south island, there were lavender farms. The sea of purple was so pretty! I've also planted a blueberry plant - my first ever! There are already flowers on it, as you can see in the pic. Bobby said that if we do end up with blueberries, he will make me blueberry pancakes! I say it's only a matter of time :-) as long as the rabbits and deer to get to them first! I did just put up a fence, although it seems rather low. Hmm....

Another update on the home improvement front: the dining room. The original color of the dining room was rather dark, so we decided it needed to be change to something lighter/brighter. Here are the before pictures:
And now, the after pictures! We changed the chandelier to a smaller one, which hence doesn't make our old kitchen table look so small. We also got a new rug. Love it!

No comments: