Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New stove!!!

Finally... after a year of moving into this house, we have a new gas stove! Actually, we just missed our home's 1-year anniversary by a week (March 2, 2009). Wow! Where has the time flown!
Anyhow, back to the stove - we were going to wait a little longer but I guess Bobby got just as frustrated as I did when he has had to use it more often recently. Kinda like the "Honey, I need new knives" story :-)
I love LOVE the new gas stove. It has noticeable cut down my cooking and baking time! We also decided to get a stove with a 5th burner. Bobby said that he would make pancakes on it. He is banned from the waffle maker for just a little while longer. It took me over 1/2 hour to clean the waffle maker the last time he used it to make breakfast!
We were going to try and add the stove into the baby registry, but hehe... didn't think that idea would fly so well ;-)
Our old flat-top electric stove went to the guy/contractor that installed our new stove. Jeff mentioned that his mom wanted a new stainless steel stove to match the rest of her new appliances, and he agreed to trade his installation service for the stove! There was a lot more entailed to the installation - putting in a new pipe and gas shut-off valve and changing the voltage from 220V to 110V, which meant messing with the breaker. Phew! I'm glad he knew what he was doing!

1 comment:

Rebecka said...

Nice stove!!!! I would be so happy too!
Can't believe you are 7 months! Time flies! Big hug, speak to you soon!