Sunday, March 21, 2010

First day of Spring... NOT!

Yesterday was the first day of spring... but by the end of the day, it was reported that Tulsa had 6" of snow! We probably got more like 8" by the end of the snowfall this morning. CRAAAZY!!!
Here's what my pretty blue flowers looked like the day before the first day of Spring. And then, the snow started falling...
Thankfully, we remembered to bring in the lavender that morning before the heavy storm and wind!
A few hours later...
If anything, the bad weather made us stay in and that gave Bobby no excuses but to put the glider and the baby's crib together (while I supervised :-) By the way, the glider is super-comfy!
By the end of the night...
And after more snowfall this morning, check out the accumulation on the deck!
I wonder if any of these flowers are going to make it. I sure hope so. And let's not forget my poor blueberry plant that I had just put in the ground last weekend! Argh!!! The good news is it will be back up to the 60s pretty quickly so everything will thaw out soon.

No comments: