Saturday, September 5, 2009

No way!!!

Ok... I guess unfortunately "way". I missed the last event of the Futures tour by 1 shot today! And it's just so easy (and frustrating!) to think back on the two 3-putts that I had in a row, or the lip out on my 17th hole... or... possibly the tee shot yesterday that went into the smallest creek EVER that you can find on that golf course! Well, what's done is done. It's just unfortunate to end the season like this. I was also hoping to get within the Top 90 on the money list on the tour so I will be exempt for next season. I'll probably be bumped just a few more spots down after Sunday (currently at 93).
I did hit this AWESOME shot on #15 yesterday with my 5-wood from 182 yards, ball just slightly higher than my feet, wind into my face, and knocked it to about 4 feet and made the putt for my 3rd birdie of the day! It actually almost went it!
Anyhow, time to start looking ahead. The LPGA qualifying school is coming up at the end of September. Definitely more big things to work on before I leave for that. As my good friend Chris Dorris puts it: Don't wait for good play to feel like you're playing great. Create the great feelings first of expertise and success, then let the results follow that!
On a happier note, I had a really good dinner with a couple of great friends at my housing's restaurant - Franklin's Tower. Nothing like good food and great company after a tough day. I had the clam chowder, a salad, and the chicken marsala. It was YUMMY!
The restaurant was right across the street from an old train station, now an administration building for a university (I can't remember which one - must have been the Guinness). The guy taking the picture was suppose to include the tower, but as you can see that didn't work out so well. Haha!

No comments: