Saturday, April 20, 2024

Solar eclipse ~ Apr 8

The Solar Eclipse happened almost 2 weeks ago now.  It was so cool!!  We didn't get totality but probably around 92%.  And yet, even with that little sliver of light, it was still quite bright!

I obviously didn't plan very well to get filters for our camera:
And actually, I only just managed to get those special glasses from a neighbor a couple of hours before the eclipse happened!  I had gone out earlier that day to a few stores to try and buy some but every single store was out of them!  Thank goodness my neighbor had a couple of spare ones because the kids were getting them for free at school.

So cool!!!
Bobby was also attempting to take photos with his camera but with as much success as me.  Ha!

It was noticeably cooler and dimmer once the sun was about 50% covered in the moon's shadow.  But unfortunately, my phone camera could not capture anything except for the bright ball that the sun is.  Ha!
And while we were outside, I noticed a nest way up in the trees.  I hope it's not a wasp nest!!
Good thing the tree guy is coming on Monday to give this tree another trim.  He said it's leaning more than 2 years ago.  Yikes!  We'll need to take some photos at the base to give us a better gauge.  Just added another To-Do!

But what a fun experience it was today.  The next one that will span across the lower 48 US States is on August 12, 2045.  If my math is right, I will be  69 years old then.  Yikes!  Who knows where we'll be then but hopefully we can make the extra effort to go see the 100% totality of the eclipse.  Our neighbor across the street actually did that this time, and they said it was so amazing and surprisingly so emotional.  It's pretty amazing how this universe works!

No comments: