Saturday, April 20, 2024

Boys' new loft bed

Technically it's not new, but a used one.  We paid extra for the guy to deliver it (on April 8 ~ Solar eclipse day!) and come to find out, we probably could have fit it in the truck! But all the other (used) loft beds I had seen online were massive, but thanks to IKEA (which I didn't realize that it was at the time), it was easily transportable.  Anyhow...

Here's the before - Graham and Charlie's beds are actually a bunk bed but no one wants to take the bottom bunk.  So I had the beds separated:
I always feel bad for Charlie because he is right by that window and it's always so cold!  But hopefully the new blackout curtains will help with the drafty air too.

So, we're taking this bed away.  Let's hope I don't lose any of the screws and what not!
Ahhh, IKEA never disappoints when it comes to assembling.  Ha ha!  I'm joking - it's just that we've built so many of their furniture!  I loved how this guy taped all the bags of screws with whichever piece so I would know how to re-assemble it. So thoughtful!
He even sent me a photo of the finished assembly.  Thankfully I also found a random video online.  It wouldn't have taken so long but at first, we decided to put it against this one other wall.  But it would have been a tad difficult for Graham to get in and out of bed.  So in the end, we did move it to this same wall that I had originally thought would be best.  I really need to just trust my gut instinct more next time.  Ha ha!!

Here is Charlie posing on his new loft bed.  Too funny!
I'm glad it's also not as high as the other loft beds that I've seen.  But that also means that you have to crouch down a bit more to access the bottom of the loft.  So it's almost like a cave I guess.

I did buy this mat for our bedroom actually, but it's the perfect fit for this ladder.  Isn't it so cute?!
And... just yesterday, Bobby and I saw something at Costco that we thought the boys would like.  And sure enough the consensus was yes!  Thankfully we still had our gift cards from Grandma and Pop-pop (from last Christmas) to use up.  Yay!

C'mon, how fun is this!

People think of all sorts of stuff for kids.  My question is, how on earth did all that fit into a little box like this?!
I guess this is how - lots of plastic and a whole lot of compression!

It didn't take long for that compression to release once the foam pillows were out of the box.  Please be careful with those scissors, Graham!
Time to assemble the "fort":
Looks like it's already paying for itself?!
But doesn't this mean that the boys are just going to be lounging in their little "cave" - and to be on their phones in there all the time? Somehow it just doesn't seem to matter how many more books I buy these days.  

Well, if anything - I'm glad they have a spot to hang out together!

No comments: