Saturday, April 20, 2024

Recent happenings

Just some random happenings.  First off, what is this squirrel thinking peeking into the birdhouse? Ha!
A friend and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch a few weeks ago.  And oh my gosh, it was a robot that delivered our drinks! How cute is that:
And what happens when you accidentally tear of the paint when trying to remove sticky double-sided tape off the wall?
You cover it up with something else of course!  This signage is perfect anyway because that's really what the boys need to do when something happens :-P
And listen up!  We bought a new needle for our record player, and it works!!
And I can't figure out what to do with my orchid.  It's really struggling!  The leaves don't look healthy. I read somewhere that it might be a sign of dehydration:
So I opened up all the stuff that was within the pot and most of the roots are rotted out. Noooo...!!
There was something about soaking it during the day and taking it out to dry at night.  I'm going to try that out for a few days and then, see what happens??
In the meantime, our onion that's sitting out is growing. What the??!!
Oh yeah... this little Pancake plant might be a goner too.  I'm killing a lot of plants well lately!
Oh wait, my lemon tree has been blooming a lot flowers lately!! Maybe we'll actually get at least ONE lemon this year??!
Bobby bought another box of food in time for the Masters golf tournament again this year.  The egg salad is rather yummy. A touch of pepper and some cucumbers on top.... YUM! Oh, those BBQ chips too to go along with it :-)
Okay, here's another project.  Trying to change the Feng Shui a bit in our bedroom.  This is the before (somewhat). Yeah, it's pretty messy!
Okay, ready to draw out the mural.  This will be the tallest mural as of yet that I'm creating to recreate:
Our options are blue and black paint. There's a lot leftover from the front door paint job from last year :-)
Even the electrical outlet is getting painted.  Ha ha!  Watch out for an update on this mural!
We went to the county's STEAM event last weekend.  So many kids involved in Robotics:
Although, there was this one random kid that was picking locks.  Graham was so excited to visit his table! Graham did managed to earn himself a Twinkie by successfully picking a lock.  Ha!
This Tesla coil was pretty neat too:
The guy timed it with music.  It was loud!
OMG, these are some cool helicopter drones! Too bad they didn't demonstrate those:
Some kids did have the trebuchet outside.  Now, that was pretty neat. They were flinging soccer balls!
And looks like someone is old enough to start mowing the grass this summer:
Yup! It's Graham!
And looks like someone else (a.k.a. Bobby) is just relaxing.  Ha ha!  

Okay, daddy caught me sitting on this swing one another time:
I'm glad Bobby is letting me drag him around still to pick up pavers.  Here are the most recent ones:
I want to update this section here - between the back deck and the outdoor fireplace. The grass gets so icky when it rains too much:
Figured it would be nice to have it paved. Since these are all the pavers we were able to get for free, perhaps something like this??!
But now I'm thinking, we might use the pavers to create a raised bed.  I picked up a couple of cucumber plants from a neighbor and I have no where to plant them.  So, stay tuned!  I am picking up a trellis tomorrow for under $10.  I'd say that is a steal! Although, I technically should be calculating the gas money too??

And while outside, I notice that my (failed) blueberry plants are making a comeback from last year.  A small one, but a comeback nonetheless!  It's so small, you can barely see it next to that rubber golf ball!!
And here is the other one.  Just maybe it will grow this year??!
On a rather solemn note, my late dad's old office has finally been cleared out.  My uncle took some of the furniture and the old safe.  OMG, it took like 5 guys to carry that heavy safe out the door! 
And while my dad's chair was removed, there was totally a stain on the ground from where he sat:
And then, when the other 2 chairs were removed, you could totally see where my dad's employee sat (top left).  And then, another obvious spot where my late mom used to sit when she ran the lab (top right):
Definitely a sad moment for all of us, but I guess life goes on.  Miss them both very much XOX

No comments: