Monday, May 23, 2022

Random photos

Just some random photos of some recent happenings around the house.  First off, my ginger!  I was trying to grow some ginger in a container but then to find out that metal is not quite the best choice as a planter.  It was rusting quite badly on the inside:
Not sure I want to eat ginger that has been tainted with rust, but look how much of it actually grew in that container!!
There's been lots of fixing around this house right before Open House.  I've had 3 spots on the floor in the front part of the house taped up with this metallic tape.  It's metallic because that way the mice don't like biting through it.
Well, I tried to fix it the best I could with some sort of floor putty stuff...
Actually, the putty kept falling through so I had to cut up a stick and shove it into that big hole.  LOL!
...and some stain (multiple layers!) and some markers. At least it's not as obvious as the tape??!
Lunch date with Bobby - he really likes his spicy miso garlic noodles.  Ha ha!
And I'm sensing some sort of theme with putting things to his eyes. First orange slices and now toilet paper??!  LOL!!
Monarch butterfly sighting!  This one wasn't actually moving very much, so hopefully it was okay:
I was trying to clean our kitchen stove and somehow I managed to wipe off the layer of film?!
At first, I just started picking it off with my finger nails thinking it was dirt.  And then, I ended up using a spatula since it had a rubber end and I definitely didn't want to scratch the surface.  And eventually, I ended up just using a straight blade.  There are still some random markings but at least it doesn't look funny anymore:
Our flamingo planters are not looking very pink anymore, so another spraying project:
Yay!! 
Although I gave up putting regular plants in it so I have some succulents instead.  Hopefully those won't die as quickly.

We've also had to declutter quite a bit so I finally decided to sell these drawers that the kids used a lot when they were younger.  They were just storing knick knacks which they don't play with anymore.  The mom that picked these drawers up were so happy so that made me feel good.  Although, it made me think that I should have sold them for a lot more :-P
We finally gave away this exercise bike as well.  I just couldn't fix that pedal that the boys broke:
I tried all sorts of stuff but nothing work.  Hopefully the guy that picked it up has better luck than me in fixing it!
As much as we liked this dresser, we didn't have any space in storage to put it.  So off it went to charity.  The drawers weren't really closing very well but funny enough when we tilted it while moving, we heard all sorts of funny stuff tumbling around on the inside.  Maybe that fixed the drawers??!
I listed the dollie for free and it's amazing how quickly people reply!
Bobby ended up buying a new dollie while I didn't quite have the time to fix the torn tire:
The manual push mower was given away as well, since Graham and Charlie have been upgraded to an electric mower:
The handle was ripped a little so I just couldn't get myself to have someone pay for it.  Plus the blades were super squeaky too!
We had this coffee table that we used for the front living room but it seemed rather large:
And since it wasn't quite sitting right anymore (as I had it outdoors under the back patio), I posted it online for free as well.  Anything free was going away like hot cakes!
It's amazing how quickly you can declutter when you can donate things to charity.  Since I had purchase a new light fixture for the dining room, this one went to Habitat for Humanity as well with that dresser:
It was nice that they could come to the house and pick up.  We actually "rescued" these French doors from our neighbor, thinking we could use them in the back she-shed.  But that project never did happen.  The doors are so heavy so I was super happy when Habitat for Humanity could pick them up:
And how many pairs of shoes have Charlie gone through lately.  Let's see.... here's one:
And then another... looks like it's always the right shoe that's ripping:
And finally, this one. 3 pairs within the last 2-3 months?!  I mean, c'mon - is he gnawing on the shoe while we are not looking??!
Unbelievable!  Well, we bought him another pair of new shoes so hopefully these more expensive ones will last longer??!  He loves playing handball at school and is obviously favoring his right foot.  Kids, I tell you.  They are so expensive!  Their toys obviously start to get expensive as well.  Graham now wants a 3D printer for his birthday. What happened to just a set of color pencils or playdoh??? LOL!!

The house has never been this clean and organized and decluttered since the day we moved in.  Ha ha!  Looks like we may have a couple of offers coming in within the next day or so (Open House was just this past weekend).  Fingers crossed!!  Will definitely keep everyone posted!

No comments: