Friday, May 27, 2022

Happy Mother's Day

Finally having a chance to post about Mother's Day.  It's already the end of the month!  This month is going by so quickly, especially with the house going up for sale.  It's been so hectic!

I'm glad we were able to celebrate Mother's Day prior to all the craziness.  Bob actually booked a brunch at a city club that was located in downtown Los Angeles.  It is affiliated to the golf course that we recently joined in IL.  Very fancy!

Speaking of fancy, a good friend of mine drove over to the house and dropped off some flowers for me.  So sweet! 
And also speaking of fancy, we all got to dress up and I got to wear my fancy shoes.  Ha ha! 
Gloomy day driving into downtown.  May Gray as they say:
It took us a few extra turns around the building, but we finally did find the correct entry for the underground parking of the Club.  Thank goodness we know where to go once we got up to the escalators :-)
By the way, another new pair of shoes for each boy.  Don't say we don't spoil these boys. Sheesh!
This place is so fancy!
Opportunity for a family we-fie!  I don't remember what floor we are on now.  Hmmmm....
Found our table!
Although, it's right next to the stage and the speaker was blaring quite loudly.  Yikes!
We did tell the manager and the band's manager just turned the speaker slightly away from us.  I was really hoping they would turn down the volume.  In any case, we were still able to have a nice meal:
Although, this complimentary photoshoot was probably my favorite souvenir out of the entire outing.  Love these photos!
Oh wait, the dessert were pretty yummy too so that's probably my 2nd favorite part :-D
We definitely tried to eat our monies worth at the dessert table:
Yummmm....!
The boys did get me a bar of Hersheys chocolate as they know how much I really love that stuff.  NOT!!  Seems to be the trend now for any of these occasions.  Little stinkers!
And still more dessert eating:
Time for coffee.  I love this mug somehow - it has 3 corners to drink from :-)
Another favorite photo!
Although I think they were squinting their eyes for whatever reason.

Here's a view of the skyline:
And a photo of me and Bobby while boys were playing at the Bouncy house.  Ya, they had one of those too!
And check out this wine storage area.  Yikes!
I've never seen one of these before... wine dispenser??!  And you can dispense by the glass or half or what not:
Okay, all done with brunch.  Everyone is leaving with a happy belly :-D  We decided to drive around to Rodeo Drive and see what all the fuss was about that street.  

An art deco building along the way:
They put a Denny's at another interesting art-deco building:
This one was super cool but no idea what it was:
The Academy's building!  So flashy gold!
Here we are... Rodeo Drive!
People are lining up outside the stores as only a certain number of people are allowed at a time. Sheesh, I don't think I would ever do that.  Then again, I don't think I have that amount of money to spend in a fancy store like that. LOL!!
The famous Beverly Hills hotel!  I think it's like $1,000 a night:
There's a park across the street.  That was actually our destination as we wanted to stretch our legs before the drive home:
Come to find out it's actually named after Will Rogers:
And part of this park was originally the entrance into the hotel.  

I love this photo of Graham and Charlie:
Found a raspberry bush on the way out??!
And we bought some fancy dessert too before heading home:
Oh, there was a little hiccup where Daddy thought he had lost his phone.  But it was actually in the car.  Phew!  Looks like Daddy is getting O... L...D...??

Always a success when the boys fall asleep in the car:
Even Graham, and he almost never falls asleep in the car!
What a fun Mother's Day!  It's always great when we can venture out and do something new.  Especially when we're not going to be in LA much longer.  This is probably going to be my toughest move yet! 

No comments: