Tuesday, May 17, 2022

LPGA event in town (Apr 29 - May1)

The LPGA tour (Ladies Professional Golf Association) was in town for the inaugural Palos Verdes Championship, which is just down the street from us. And come to find out, my fellow Malaysian is playing this week! I haven't seen Kelly in quite a few years. May actually have been during the Sime Darby LPGA event that I had played in back in 2015? Couldn't have been that long ago??! 

Earlier in the week, I also did also get a chance to see an old friend that caddied on the same tour that I had played on years ago:

I'm guessing I haven't seen Jake in like 15 years??! Actually he did say that he met us in Abu Dhabi while we were there but somehow I don't remember that. My memory is really fading. Yikes!!

The tournament is only allowing buses on site so off to go. We're trying to figure out why there are so many buckles for only 2 seashells. Hmmm...
It's funny how they decided to not sit together. I suppose the bus is pretty empty:
Of course we had to check out the Porsche the minute we arrive on site:
There was also a basecamp for the local police. How cool is this ATV!
Once the boys knew they could get into the fancy Porsche...
We had to walk around a bit but after a while we finally found Kelly:
Oh man, this golf course is hilly. And don't look down below this bridge. It's pretty high! 
We decided to wait by the 7th green for Daddy. He drove separately since he had some work to finish up at home. We're obviously not watching a lot of golf. Lol!!
Well, come to find out, Daddy went to the wrong hole as the tournament had switched the nines. And then nevermind that, he also lost the car keys??! What the what??! Yeah... I couldn't believe it either. So, in the meantime, we are chatting up with the boys' new favorite golfer.  Signed golf balls! 
Awwww, so sweet:
We decided to invite Kelly for dinner one night.  Woah, we are getting really cozy now.  Ha ha! Each boy got to sit on her lap, although it was a rather chilly night so she was looking for a warm body to hug.  LOL!
We decided to watch the final day.  Graham and Charlie are finally excited for Kelly!
She wasn't having a great day on the last day, but the boys were cheering her on no less. I love it!
What a fun tourney!  And I'm so glad the boys got into it towards the end - thanks to Kelly!  And by the way, believe it or not, someone actually turned in the lost car keys!!!
We didn't find it in the main office but they told us to check in the pro shop.  I had totally given up on finding these keys.  I still can't believe it!

After meeting up with Kelly, I decided to write a short article.  Here is the link - as posted on ParGolf which is an subscription/online golf magazine in Malaysia.  Nice to still have some connections :-)

Perhaps next time, I'll get to play again and Graham and Charlie can cheer me on.  I better get to it soon before this old body fails on me. I'm already not too far from feeling very old! Okay, maybe the better term is "less competitive" :-P

No comments: