Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Charity golf (May 2)

2 1/2 weeks ago, I was able to head out to Dana Point to play some golf.  It was a charity event called the SoCal Sun Devil Golf Classic.  Yup, it was for my alma mater.  And it was basically a day for me to go out and play golf. Yay!!  Ha ha!

New pullover during registration - that's probably worth the price of admission :-D

I grabbed some golf balls but didn't realize it was from Abu Dhabi!  Hmmm, should probably use these before they run out on compression anyway.  It's been over 5 years since we left Abu Dhabi. Yikes!
Here's the view from the top balcony of the golf club.  It's a packed course today:
I was paired with 2 athletes that were ASU swimmers.  They were actually brothers and one of them was even an Olympian!  And then, the guy that sat with me in the same golf cart was one that we had met during the Beach Cleanup not too long ago.  And the last guy was actually one of the coaches for the current ASU football team.  He was so young and it was weird calling him coach.  He did say I looked like I was in my mid 30s.  Totally made my day. LOL!!

There was only one hole right by the ocean and it was a short and quirky one to say the least:
But at least the view made up for it:
It was a scramble and our team did okay but not well enough to place.  It was fun no less and my game was still somewhat intact.  Ha ha! I did get caught for not knowing the "Forks up" hand-sign.  Oops! I just never did it very much when I was in college and eventhough I tell people I was on the golf team at ASU, I didn't really get to play.  Complicated story for another time :-P

And I bought the most expensive lip balm in the pro shop because it also included 2 ball markers and a pivot repair tool.  Ha!

Nothing like driving back into the sunset on the way home, except that sunset is quite blinding!
Hoping to play some more golf soon, especially once we move to IL.  We did actually already join a golf club there so I guess sooner or later, we'll have to make our way out there!  Bobby and I will most likely try and get out to one or two of the golf courses out here that have reciprocity to the one in IL.  Maybe next Wednesday? Hopefully we'll already have an offer in hand by then after the Open House this weekend.  Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you had tons of fun :D