Sunday, February 3, 2019

Recent happenings

Here are just a handful of photos and videos that I haven't had a chance to post yet.

Just as Graham is getting better at treading water in water polo, we haven't signed him back up after the Christmas holidays.  In the video below, Graham is to the right:
Here is Graham's artwork that was posted along the corridor of his school.  Not too shabby! I believe it was called "Sun and Moon":
Graham had his "Peter Pan" play with his class before the holidays as well.  He was one of the pirates and also a Lost Child (vs Lost Boys since there are girls are well playing this role).  Some parents volunteered to make the shirts for the kids, so yes - I was there in his classroom helping out. Brownie points for me :-)
Graham actually looks really good in black leggings!  Here is his pirate look on set.  Arrrrrr....!!!
The boys had a day off a couple of weeks ago so it was a good day to go practice our golf.  I actually have a charity pro-am this coming Monday in Woodland Hills (about 1hr away - depending on traffic??!).  

Check out Charlie's new golf bag!  Well, technically it's used but nonetheless, he was so excited to have his own carry bag! I had completely forgotten to pick up some used junior golf clubs for the boys at this golf club before the holidays.  But the guy did have this junior golf bag and I also picked up a new (used) 3-wood for Graham.  The 3-wood was too long for Graham so at the end of the round we brought it back in to get it cut and the guy did it for us for free! How sweeeet!!!
Charlie's swing is shorter now than he first started a couple of years ago but still pretty efficient!
By the way, did we mentioned we have signed up for Little League this year???  Charlie is stylin' his catch and his new helmet!
In the meantime, I am trying to fix this huge hole that the boys have put through on the trampoline netting in the backyard.  Grrrr.... more on my to-do list!
We went to the Little League baseball field and I thought this sign was pretty funny:
There was a try-out going on last weekend but since the boys are just starting out in T-ball (for Charlie) and Rookie League (for Graham), we are just practicing today.  I think this is going to be a common view/frequent for Spring!
The baseball field is right next to the harbor and you can see the vivid green-colored Vincent Thomas Bridge in the distance, to the right:
Although, maybe I like this view better?  I actually went to practice last week to get ready for my pro-am :-P
This past week I tried out a couple new restaurants.  One of them is a Hawaiian chicken place.  This dish almost tasted like Teriyaki Chicken.  Not too bad although would have liked more chicken with the rice:
Now this other place - a Japanese ramen (noodle) place - is a hit!  There were so many items on the menu I couldn't figure out which one to eat!!!  I ended up ordering the ramen with Mapo Tofu with ground pork.  Mapo Tofu is a traditional Chinese dish although I am not sure I liked it soupy with noodles. Still pretty yummy though. 
I see more noodles/ramen in my future :-D

No comments: