Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Happy Chinese New Year (Feb 5)

I hope my loyal blog readers have not given up on me! Now that I am checking the date since my last post, it has been almost 2 weeks since I have updated my blog.  So I guess that's about the usual delay :-)

This Chinese New Year is the Year of the Pig. What does that mean??? Well, I haven't really been reading the Chinese horoscopes, so at this point, it really doesn't mean too much. Ha ha!  There has been times when I would buy certain things and put them in certain areas of the room.  Nothing so far this year.  Maybe we need something for the house. It is falling apart! We are just noticing some water stains along the wall by the dining/kitchen area.  We are thinking maybe a leaky pipe behind the boys' shower area??! Guess we will find out in time once we call the plumber :-\

We didn't do too much this Chinese New Year. It had been raining a lot and Charlie also had a birthday party to attend that CNY weekend.  Otherwise, we probably would have gone to a Chinese New Year celebration (hosted by Graham and Charlie's Chinese school) to watch the Lion Dance.  This year, we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant to eat some noodles and dumplings.  But first, we had to dress up for the occasion:
Yummy noodles and dumplings!  This place doesn't disappoint:
And then, just before the end of the Chinese New Year (it last for 15 days), I managed to make our own dumplings.
Charlie helped out, which was so cute.  He still needs to figure out how to wrap them the proper way but definitely "A" for effort!
Graham was not so keen on the ones Charlie made though.  If the dumplings are not sealed properly, water gets into them. So we lost a few clumps of meat during the boiling/cooking process and we were left with just the dumpling skin filled with water.  Ha ha!

I wonder if this tradition will sort of die off when the boys get married.  Unless they marry into a Chinese family??!

Here's to a great Year of the Pig!

No comments: