Friday, December 29, 2017

Setting up for Christmas

I finally convinced Bobby that I needed new storage options.  I couldn't find anything at the local thrift store (yes, I actually went there!) but did scope out the Ikea website.  I didn't think I had to assemble more Ikea furniture but the storage solution I found on their website was just right for our space!  But first, I had to clear up the area:
Why do we have so much stuff??!!!  Ok, here it is!  One down, one more to go:
I told the boys that I was so happy to see floor space and here is Charlie being sarcastic.  He is literally hugging the floor space. Ha ha!!!
Ta da!!!  Who knew we actually had all that floor to walk on :-P 
We set up some Christmas decorations:
And managed to find this as well.  Still can't figure out who gave this Surfin' Santa to us but it definitely fits the California vibe!
So glad the boys didn't want a Christmas tree this year.  It really would have been a stretch to find more floor space.

Before....
After...!
I was also finally able to move the loveseat away from the sliding door.
Christmas socks are hung by the fireplace and we have our make-shift garland Christmas tree on the sliding door.  Even Bobby was impressed!  He just can't see where I hid all the "extras". Ha ha!!!  

Well, I was really hoping to put away or at least organize all our stuff before the New Year. But looks like it might end up being my New Year's resolution!  That and also getting to the gym.  I was so excited seeing the TRX bands and spin bike in the gym but have yet to actually used it.  In time!!!

No comments: