Thursday, December 21, 2017

Plants update

Good news and bad news!  Bad news is I finally had to get rid of the Dragon's Breath plant. Those spider mites really got to it.  And also the ivy in the kitchen.  I tried to save this one last strand but nope!!!
But on with the good news - the multi-stripe Holland bell pepper is doing really well!
And I finally decided to plant some ginger as well.  The organic ginger is breaking my bank!  Haha... well, not really but I figured why not try and grow some myself.  Supposedly it does take some time to finally produce new ginger, like 8-10 months to be fully grown!!!  Well, lots of time and good weather here :-)
Check out how HUGE these pumpkin leaves are!!! Bigger than my hand and I have fairly large hands for a girl. Charlie said we can sell our pumpkins to make money :-D
I planted a new pot of basil and tomatoes from seed yesterday.  Hopefully those won't take too long.  The temperature is dropping outside so most of the time, the pots just sit inside under our living room lamp.  We do get some nice sun on the balcony but only for a couple of hours or so.

And oh, no Christmas tree for us this year - fake or live.  We all decided to use Graham's little succulent as our "Christmas" tree.  It is leaning over so much!  Hopefully it won't tip over by Christmas. Ha ha!!! It's a bit dark outside now to take a photo of it so I will be sure to post one later.  I am glad that the boys understood when Bobby and I said "It's not about the tree, but the spirit of Christmas."  Or I suppose, to them it is really all about the presents!!!

No comments: