Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Finally, some golf!

Last week, I decided to go play some golf. And funny enough, there was a senior event going on at this particular golf course that I decided to go to.  So it was just some time on the driving range:
The view isn't too shabby from here!  There is actually an upper tier but I figured it would actually be too warm.  I know, it's December but the temperature is currently unseasonably warm and the rays seem quite strong:
Looks like I am a bit out of practice - not finding the middle of the golf club!  I did shank one and sort of semi-shanked another.  Ooops!
I did make a tee-time for the next day (last Friday) and ended up golfing with a couple of regulars. I found some dirt on the golf course but thankfully mostly grass :-)
It was unfortunately playing really slow.  We had to wait almost on every single shot and supposedly this is the norm??!? Thankfully the views on the back-nine was pretty so I had a few extra moments to take some photos:
That is Catalina island in the backdrop.  And here's another shot from above the hill.  You can almost spot the hawk flying around:
Speaking of animals, I was told to be aware of the squirrels!  And sure enough, one of them came really close to me when I was snacking. Supposedly they will dig through your bag and while doing so, tear it up and pee on it when they are done.  YIKES!

Selfie time!!!  It was such a coincidence that one of the course marshals noticed my Arizona State Sun Devil cap.  He is also an alumni and graduated in 1979.  I was only 3 then. Ha ha!
I definitely caught some of the staff and my playing partners' attention as I did have a few birdies that day (let's not talk about the one or was it two double bogeys???).  So much so that I got a ride back into the club house after the 16th hole on another course marshal's golf cart.  I was not able to finish my round even after 5 hours and had to get back to the car to pick the boys up from school. Hope to see the last couple of holes next time!

No comments: