Thursday, October 26, 2017

Quick trip to Santa Monica Pier

A golfer friend was here a couple of weekends ago to visit her daughter.  She was going to start drama school in Los Angeles.  So off we went - as reluctant as Bobby was, and you can see why.  And this is on Saturday!
So busy at the Pier too!
There is is... Santa Monica Pier:
My phone acts up but thankfully I was able to find my friend and her daughter and the rest of her entourage.  And looks like Charlie got a hold of my camera again!
Speaking of Charlie, he insisted on lobster again!  But after I opened it up for him, he decided he didn't want it.  Obviously I couldn't waste it but I had to finish up my lobster roll too??? No wonder my "muffin top" belly is not getting any smaller :-P
The Popeye black-and-white classic cartoon series on TV kept the boys entertained while the rest of us were able to engage in conversation.  And Graham and Charlie loved looking at all the crab and lobsters too:
Did I already mention how busy the beach was?
And the waves were massive!
 We don't stay long on the beach.  And just a quick peek along the pier and it's home time:
We drive by the airport on the way home:
The plane goes right over our sun roof!
Thankfully Graham and Charlie are occupied in the back with the DVD player.  Thank goodness for built-in technology in the car!
We are just a couple of minutes away from the apartment and we spot a cruise-ship in the ocean.  Too cool!!!
Funny enough, Charlie said that he wants to go on a cruise-ship because there's lots of food on it.  Thanks to Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked movie! 

No comments: