Thursday, October 26, 2017

Progress in the Apartment

On the first week, I spotted a magnet board with the map of California.  Had to get it of course! You should look at it now - can barely see the map because we have so many things pinned up. Ha ha!
Graham and Charlie's bunk bed gets delivered but it can't get through into their doorway. So the delivery guys have to disassemble it a bit. The boys try and "help":
I think the bunk bed is approved!
Mommy and Daddy are stuck with the air-mattress for a few days. Instead of using the mattress in the Pod, we decided to buy a new one. Thoughts of bed mites after 3 years in storage (and then discovering mold in the Pod once it was delivered completely grossed me out!!!)
Here we are having our first meal in the apartment. Simple penne pasta with butter and cheese.  Sometimes these boys are easy to please. Even with plastic cutlery!
Charlie has to find an outfit for his Alphabet Fashion Show. He was assigned with the letter "C".  C for Crocodile??? Although I think in the end he was convinced it was actually a Dinosaur and not a Crocodile.  Oh well, perhaps it will still be a good Halloween Costume then!
Bought some new plants for the apartment. We will see how well they survive.  The heatwave earlier this week was quite bad for my other new plant that I bought recently:
As there was no furniture when we first moved in, the boys were practicing their tennis indoors. Not anymore after our Pod delivery!
And as if closet space isn't valuable enough, management decided to put a water heater in the master closet??!!  Right here I am the closet as a drying rack.  And of course, now it is completely filled up with hangers and clothes.  It's amazing how many hangers we saved up from our home in Tulsa, Oklahoma:
Our new sofa has arrived!!!  The sofa and love-seat seems so HUGE in this small apartment. What an illusion when we were in the showroom. But it is super comfy. Just have to figure out how to make room for it:
And the pillows... Graham and Charlie LOVES playing with these pillows!!!
I needed a shoe and coat rack so off I went to find IKEA.  It was about 45 minutes away and what a confusing store.  You are suppose to start on the 3rd floor and work your way down to the bottom. Well, I was going against traffic, going through the warehouse section first.  Anyhow, saw the coolest thing ever. A belt to take your shopping cart down the steps!
What a cool concept! I am easily amused :-)
Boys are trying to help Mommy with the Ikea assembly.  I think Graham is trying to instruct Charlie with something???
Tada!!!  Love it!  Love it so much I had to actually buy 2 units. Very functional and hopefully it will look somewhat organized.  I did hang up some lights around the frame. Maybe that will draw the eyes away from the mess :-D
Oh, I cut myself this first week.  I actually burned my finger first - trying to take something out of the oven without a proper oven mitt.  And then the next day, I cut myself using an improper (and obviously very sharp!) knife.
I thought I had downloaded the photos from our Pod delivery onto my laptop but obviously not.  Will be sure to provide an update on that!  The apartment became even smaller when all our boxes and other things arrived from the Pod.  And we also had our new desk and coffee table delivered this week. Both furniture are also larger in size than expected!  Our dining table arrives tomorrow. Can't wait. I have been standing a lot in the kitchen - obviously to cook and also while eating my dinner with the kids and Bobby.  They sit on the stools by the kitchen island.  How did I end up with the short end of the straw??!

No comments: