Monday, October 9, 2017

Los Angeles - here we come!

All I have to say is, thank goodness for a minivan!  I am able to put a few things away in every nook and cranny of this vehicle.  Here is the under-storage in the backseat:
I am not exactly sure why I am bringing my sewing machine too, but perhaps it might come in handy when our drapes arrive from Abu Dhabi???
I did mention every nook and cranny, right?  Completely forgot to bring along Charlie's balance bike! It was a hand-me-down from one of our AZ neighbor's kid:
And after piling in all that stuff, I realized we could have used our Thule!  Next time.  I am sure there will be more round trips back and forth from LA to Phoenix:
Here we go! A bit of a late start. I took this photo a bit later after departure, so technically it is over 400 miles:
The boys start out by watching a couple of DVDs.  Look what happens when we decide to turn it off. Yup, fast asleep!
So many windmills along the way.  Graham was asleep but I am glad Charlie was able to take a few photos:
We find a Vietnamese restaurant along the way for dinner.  Both boys are wide awake and playful now:
And... back into traffic!
We finally make it to our hotel and booked ourselves in for a week.  Going to see our new apartment this weekend (Sept 30)!

No comments: