Monday, October 9, 2017

Leaving Abu Dhabi

As usual, I am so far behind my blog postings!  So much has happened since we arrived into California, but the boys are finally back in school (Day 2 for them!) and I am finally able to sit down and write.  By the way, just had to drop them off the curb from the car and off I went. No tears from Charlie.  Yay!!!

Alrighty, and the story continues...

We left Abu Dhabi on September 27.  It was an early wake-up call for our 8:35am flight.  One last ride on the camel at the airport:
Bon Voyage!
Seems that the boys are not very emotional about leaving:
I have to say, I did get emotional once the plane took off. I'm not sure if I did that when we left Tulsa, Oklahoma.  I probably did when we drove away from our home there.  But here is to a new chapter, a new adventure!

16+ hours later, we land at LAX - Los Angeles International Airport.  We have a few hours to get through before our flight to Phoenix.  We find a nice Japanese restaurant upstairs where the boys are able to play on the air-hockey table.  Bobby and I are completely beat while the boys are so hyper and happy!
This airport has the coolest electronic display ever!!! Not sure if you can make it out, but it's pieces of luggage piled on top of each other.  There was also one of clocks and other abstract 3-D images.  Very neat! It definitely helped pass the time:
Okay, onward to our Phoenix flight.  But first, another electronic display. This one of mechanical Koi fish. How cool is that!
A look at the international planes at come in.  Etihad plane is around the other corner I think. Bye bye Etihad! I am going to miss those flying perks! :-(
Glad we are not coming back in through security.  Look at that line! And they are obviously anticipating more people as there are all those security barriers set up, like Disneyland. Haha!
Off to a smaller terminal and getting on a baby airplane. I love the expression on Charlie's face here. Priceless!!!
We are so close to the baby airplane that the boys get to wave to the pilot and co-pilot:
Welcome back to economy class and non-reclining seats.  Booo hooo!!!

No comments: