Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia - Here I come!

After receiving a sponsor's exemption for the event back in 2010 and playing terribly in it!.. I decided it was time to take on the challenge again to play at Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club (KLGCC).  The qualifier was a 2-day event this past week with 10 Malaysians and 21 regional players.  I ended up shooting 71 (par) and 75 with a total of 146 to be the top Malaysian qualifier!
So the long haul to Malaysia from the US was definitely worth while.  I was flying "under the radar" so to speak while in Kuala Lumpur because I really needed to focus on my golf.  Well, my cover was busted with all the media coverage on TV and also in the local newspapers.
It was tempting to call friends while in KL but being in bed early and up at 5am the next day hardly gave me a chance to really socialize.  I did get a moment to meet up with my brother Kelvin as he flew into KL on Friday for work.  We had a quick chat and bite to eat at the city's train station before I had to depart for the airport.
I almost didn't recognize him!  He was thin and scrawny the last time I saw him, which was probably 6 years ago when our mom passed away.  And look at him now!  The Chinese/Shan Tung blood is definitely in him.  I may have to use some of that "blood" in me to train and hit the ball longer for the tournament! :-)

By being away this past week I have missed the boys' first week of school.  Thankfully Bobby was able to send me some pics of their first day:
I suppose Charlie was not as enthusiastic as Graham was:
Daddy/Bobby has been doing a really good job getting the boys ready for school.  In preparation for my departure to Malaysia, I prepared a check list for the boys' school bags.  Graham's a very good helper when it comes to it -- Thumbs up, daddy!
Being paranoid and having new sitters at the house while I'm away, I wrote down the schedule of both boys including their naps and snacks/meals and stuck them on the kitchen cabinet:
Of course, I also stocked up on all their food for the week:
A tray of lasagna in the freezer too, ready to go.  You're welcome, daddy!
Yup, more instructions - this time cooking instructions for the prepared meals (thank you mom-in-law for those sticky note pads :-)
Knowing the lasagna would only last a couple of days, I was able to quickly put together an improvised chicken pot pie for the boys right before leaving for Malaysia last Saturday. Phew!
I really miss my boys. Can't wait to see them at the airport tomorrow night!
I wonder if I'll cry when I see them.  I didn't think I was going to get emotional when I was leaving but I ended up crying during our good-byes last week. The security personnel was even kind enough to pass me a tissue!

No comments: