Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Personalized gifts for Grandma and Pop-pop

With all the gifts that Grandma and Pop-pop were sending over for Christmas, we decided to do a little bit more in return.  So we went to visit a pottery painting studio. It was a first for me as well as for the boys.  Graham got into it pretty quickly and was so focused on the task at hand:
 So was Daddy, while Charlie "supervised".
 Once Graham colored both plates, it was time for the hand stamp:
 Thankfully, Graham was very cooperative:
 He truly enjoyed himself!
 After the hand prints, it was now time to get Charlie's foot prints:
 Thankfully Charlie didn't complain too much either.  I suppose he can't really say much at this point :-)
Once the prints were done, it was Mommy's turn to paint.  As Graham and Daddy went to get some ice-cream, Mommy somehow was able to paint and finish up the plates with one hand while trying to hold and keep Charlie from crying/being cranky in the other arm.  It wasn't easy but phew - we got it done!

Here's one plate for Grandma (Graham actually took the next 2 pictures)...
 ... and one plate for Pop-pop!
We left it at the store for it to be glazed and picked it up in 3 days.  And when we got it back, it looked awesome!  I was so excited to have it mailed to Grandma and Pop-pop (and so glad they arrived in one piece and on time for Christmas!).
Graham has been quite the artist lately with all the other projects at school for Christmas:
 And oh, Mommy got her new mug/gift from Daddy too...
 ... with a little surprise on the inside.
It makes all my drinks taste a little better. True story! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be really
something which I feel I would never understand. It seems too
complicated and extremely extensive for me.
I am taking a look forward in your next publish, I'll try to get the hang of it!
my site > by panties

Anonymous said...

Can I simply just say what a relief to uncover someone that genuinely
knows what they are talking about over the internet.

You definitely understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
A lot more people should check this out and understand this side of your story.
I was surprised that you're not more popular since you most certainly have the gift.
Look at my weblog - dollar general store