Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Personalized gifts for Grandma and Pop-pop

With all the gifts that Grandma and Pop-pop were sending over for Christmas, we decided to do a little bit more in return.  So we went to visit a pottery painting studio. It was a first for me as well as for the boys.  Graham got into it pretty quickly and was so focused on the task at hand:
 So was Daddy, while Charlie "supervised".
 Once Graham colored both plates, it was time for the hand stamp:
 Thankfully, Graham was very cooperative:
 He truly enjoyed himself!
 After the hand prints, it was now time to get Charlie's foot prints:
 Thankfully Charlie didn't complain too much either.  I suppose he can't really say much at this point :-)
Once the prints were done, it was Mommy's turn to paint.  As Graham and Daddy went to get some ice-cream, Mommy somehow was able to paint and finish up the plates with one hand while trying to hold and keep Charlie from crying/being cranky in the other arm.  It wasn't easy but phew - we got it done!

Here's one plate for Grandma (Graham actually took the next 2 pictures)...
 ... and one plate for Pop-pop!
We left it at the store for it to be glazed and picked it up in 3 days.  And when we got it back, it looked awesome!  I was so excited to have it mailed to Grandma and Pop-pop (and so glad they arrived in one piece and on time for Christmas!).
Graham has been quite the artist lately with all the other projects at school for Christmas:
 And oh, Mommy got her new mug/gift from Daddy too...
 ... with a little surprise on the inside.
It makes all my drinks taste a little better. True story! ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be really
something which I feel I would never understand. It seems too
complicated and extremely extensive for me.
I am taking a look forward in your next publish, I'll try to get the hang of it!
my site > by panties

Anonymous said...

Can I simply just say what a relief to uncover someone that genuinely
knows what they are talking about over the internet.

You definitely understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
A lot more people should check this out and understand this side of your story.
I was surprised that you're not more popular since you most certainly have the gift.
Look at my weblog - dollar general store

printlandokhla said...


such a amazing post please keep posting.

read my post personalized gifts online

Sujano Denjen said...

Whether you are looking for gifts for your grandmother, our hand picked selection of Personalisedboxframes gifts for Grandma are certain to have something ideal. No matter what the occasion, our Personalized Gifts For Grandma are all fully customisable with fast turnaround times. With Personalisedboxframes.