Friday, December 7, 2012

First Christmas tree!

This is our first (fake) pre-lit Christmas tree with the boys and we love it!  It was so easy to assemble.  Everything came in this one box:
There were 3 parts to it and all you had to do was stack them up.  Graham was more interested in playing with his car on the box:
Almost there!
Tada! Then, it was time to put up the ornaments...
 ... and the garland.  Graham didn't like being part of the Christmas tree:
He did enjoy putting up the ornaments though. Graham had a lot of fun just putting the little hooks onto the ornaments: 
And hung them together with Daddy (I love this pic!): 
Photo op with Mommy. Say "cheeeeese!"
And then, Graham wanted to take some pictures (so guess who's getting a new toy camera for Christmas!):
Charlie finally woke up from his nap so couldn't miss him out on the action:
We topped the Christmas tree off with an angel, in memory of my mom.  It has lights too but I don't have a green-colored extension cord.  I did put some of the lights from the tree behind it, so perhaps that will do for now.
And so, here it is!  Our first Christmas tree! Hopefully this will last until the boys head off to college! :-)
I was able to finally wrap up some gifts last night.  Graham wanted to open them up so badly this morning! I'll have to be sure not to send him alone downstairs while we are all upstairs.
I also wrote names on our Christmas socks.  I'm not sure if that glitter pen is working very well. It didn't dry very well last night. I have a feeling I'll need to eventually sew the names on instead.  Maybe next Christmas!
The socks look quite nice on the mantle above the fire place.  I haven't filled them up very much but thankfully we still have more than a couple more weeks before Christmas :-)

No comments: