Friday, November 30, 2012

New updates in the Phoenix house

Mommy was quite productive during our most recent trip to Phoenix (i.e. also spent a lot of Daddy's money!).  I finally hemmed some drapes and also hung some new valances and shades in the kitchen.  Here's the before:
And after:
I sort of went with that French-country look.  Then, more valances in the kitchen nook: 
As Graham would say... "All better!"
I also had a chance to make the kitchen look more IKEA-ish :-)
Then, there was some electrical work to be done.  A new outdoor light - love it!
A new chandelier for the kitchen.  Here's the before (the light wasn't centered so I was able to hang the new one next to it before working on the wiring):
And after - tada! Eventually I'll want to wrap the chain with some nice fabric.
And a new light in our foyer too.  This was actually a pendant light, but I think it's actually big enough for our little hallway!
And here's the old one sitting in the garage:
It was definitely a productive trip and yet, there is still so much to do! I'll have to let Daddy replenish our bank account first before our next trip.  Hey, at least the labor on the electrical work was free! :-)

No comments: