Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A week in Harrisburg, PA - Part I

To save a few bucks, I decided to drive (instead of fly) up to Harrisburg, PA to play in the LPGA Futures Tour Pennsylvania Classic ~ Aug 5-7. And it was probably a good thing because when I showed up at registration last Tuesday, I was 7th on the alternate list!

I had started my drive on a Saturday as it would take me 2 days or about 20 hours to drive to NJ. On the following Monday, I picked up Graham and Bobby from Newark airport. It was their first time flying without Mommy and Daddy did a great job getting both of them there safe and sound! Graham had a quick chance to see Grandma when they arrived and after lunch, we headed off to Harrisburg. On the start of our journey, I had driven into a big pothole and luckily our tire did not blow out! Although, a couple of days later, I did notice a bubble on the tire. Thankfully my car was up for a 10k maintenance/service so all we had to do was pay for a new tire at the VW dealership.

It was quite an adventurous week for Graham. On Tuesday, we organized the Pantene Beautiful Lengths hair donation campaign, hosted at the Golf Club at Felicita. It was a great event to have in line with the charity that week: The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Graham even got on the local Fox evening news that day!
During the week, Graham was constantly keeping himself busy in the hotel room. He loved trying to put on Daddy's shoes:
Bobby said that Graham actually stood up on his own when he got the shoes on!
Graham loved climbing up and sitting on the suitcase:
He also enjoyed jumping in his pack-n-play:
In the middle of the week, we decided to check out the State Museum of Harrisburg, where they were featuring the Mastodon. It was HUGE!
It's crazy to think that something like that existed on this earth a long time ago! Here was another interesting find... although I can't remember the name of it now:
It's sort of a shark, but it's just got really big ugly teeth! The creature, that is... He he he ;-)

On the way out of the Museum, Mommy took Graham to a play-area while Daddy explored the Civil War museum (boring...!). Graham LOVED the farm truck!



On Friday - the first day of the tournament, I was 2nd on the alternate list. That meant waiting to see if any players would pull out at the very last minute. Graham and Bobby waited with me in the lobby of the club house. Again, Graham was keeping himself busy by...

Trying to get into the Player's area:
Crawling around while Mommy tried to catch up on her emails:
Eating his favorite - chocolate chip cookies:
And finally, just being cute :-)

No comments: