Thursday, August 25, 2011

Master bathroom makeover

Bobby was away in Las Vegas for work this past Sunday to Wednesday and I figured it would be my best opportunity to finish up the master bathroom! The walls dreadfully needed some touching up and a new paint color. And after going to plenty of color swatches (and I said PLENTY!), I finally picked a color called "Fog" from Valspar - a blue-ish color to match our glass tiles in the shower area. And gosh, I didn't realize how much more expensive a gallon of Valspar paint was compared to the Olympic brand! But anyhow, Bobby did like the new color (thankfully!) and the bathroom looks so much cleaner and brighter.

Here's an old picture before I painted the primer (taken back in May just before the shower stall remodeling and floor tiling). The original color in the bathroom was a taupe-like color.
And here are some other before and after pictures:

Hmm... the walls almost look green in the reflection of the mirror. How strange! Anyhow, I was finally able to put up the new fixtures as well - the towel bar, towel holders, and robe hook. I think we bought these back in January! I also decide to spray-paint the light fixtures over the sinks to match our current pendant lighting. We do have a combination of dark and chrome finishes on the fixtures. Hopefully that won't be a problem when we have to sell the house!

There's still a small to-do list for the bathroom. I still have to caulk the tub area, paint and nail back the baseboard trims, and also paint all the door trims and the ceiling. And then we'll be ALL done! Or so I hope! :-)

No comments: