Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A week in Harrisburg, PA - Part 2

Staying up in the lodges on the hill by the golf course had been an interesting one. Apart from having weird insects by the door of the room:
(Do we want to guess which one is male and which is the female?)

... we also had to deal with a snake that was curled up by the long grass just outside the room:
I was not around to encounter the snake but according to Bobby, it was (of course) a poisonous one and he was 1-up on the count in saving Graham that day. Well... honey, I saw a snake in our garage this morning! It had fallen onto the ground when I opened up the garage and then, it decided to curl up on broom by the side of the garage. I kept looking behind me when I was putting Graham in his carseat! Looks like we're now even on the count :-P

Anyhow, back to Harrisburg,... since I did not get to play in the golf tournament, we decided to drive out to Hershey, PA to visit Hershey Park.
It was so busy by the theme park! And since Graham isn't old enough to get on any of the rides, we decided to just take a quick free tour on the making of chocolate. Graham enjoyed pointing at everything!
The town of Hershey was quite nice. Guess you can't go too wrong when you have street lights the shape of Hershey Kisses!
We left Harrisburg on Saturday and my housing in Lima, Ohio (from 5 years ago!) let us spend the night at their place. While we were there, Graham got his first taste of being on a motorcycle:
And then of course, Mommy and Graham got to sit together on a Harley!
5 years ago, Charlie and I posed on his motorcycle. So this time, we figured - why not do it again :-)
Unfortunately, Graham was too busy playing with the fuel cap!

Just as we were pulling away from the house, my car reached 10,000 miles. And we were going to put about 800 more miles that day.
Graham slept:
And played:
And sucked on his thumb:
And slept some more:
And played some more:
But I think by the 13 or 14th hour of the drive, he was quite done!
We arrived at the house in Tulsa after 11:30pm and needless to say, we were all ready to just crawl into our own beds!

It was a long way to go and not play in a golf tournament, but it was definitely worth the trip. I was able to donate my hair and have other players participate as well in the Pantene Beautiful Lengths campaign. And I also got to spend time with the 2 favorite men in my life!

No comments: