Friday, January 28, 2011

More needlework

I've been busy trying to get some crocheting done. I wanted to actually knit our neighbor's daughter a hat but unfortunately, I ran out of yarn! So I improvised and made a neck-warmer instead. It seemed to be a little bit wide so I put a little button on the side. That way she could perhaps button it up so it's more snug around the neck.
I also made a little hat for their other younger daughter. I thought the color of the yarn was really cute and pretty and funny enough, it's called "Chocolate cupcake"! It's made out of acrylic so it's really nice and soft too. I may have to use up the rest of the yarn to make myself a little headband :-)
As usual, my "model" was not very cooperative. He does not like wearing hats! So it was quite a challenge to model the hat.
Anyhow, here is what the hat actually looks like:
That's all the crocheting for now. I need to finish up the two knitted hats for Scott and Julie's little girls. I did sew in the lining for one hat but about halfway through, I realized there was something wrong with it! So we're back to square one on that! :-s

No comments: