Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mommy sews her first pair of pants

DONE! It took me a while to figure it out but it's done! And yes,... MONKEY prints! Would we have picked out any other???
Bobby said that it's comfortable and it's just what he wanted for the whole family. I hope he's not lying just to make me feel good!
Just be sure you don't turn the pants over to look at the workmanship. I had to make a few "adjustments" as I didn't cut the material correctly. I measured and cut based on a pair of Bobby's pajama pants and unfortunately, didn't take into account the elastic band. So it was really tight around the waist during the first fitting session! Thankfully I was still able to salvage the pants!
I'm halfway through my pair of pants and hopefully we'll have some new ones for Graham soon too! Graham of course, will have special ones with footsies :-)

No comments: