Friday, January 7, 2011

Hats, scarfs, and more!

I've been busy sewing, knitting, crocheting and last night, I finally made my first hat!
Not too shabby! The hat is originally intended for my brother-in-law in MN, but it actually matches a scarf that I have made last winter! So I guess I'm keeping this one. Plus, I think it fits my head quite well :-)
I think I'm on a new record for scarfs this winter. I've already made 2 for my nephew and one for my sister for her birthday in February. My neighbor also wants one after recently seeing a scarf that I had made for myself, with pockets at the end of them. And here are some other scarfs that I had sewn together for a friend and her 2 daughters:
(Julie... if you are reading this, look away now!):
My "model" was not cooperating very well, so it's tough to see exactly what it looks like when worm!
I hope the scarfs will keep them warm as they are moving to Toronto! I'm still working on the little hats for the girls but no promises! I can't quite get the hang of knitting a hat yet versus crocheting!
And oh! I've also been assigned by Bobby to make some new matching fleece pants for all three of us. Thank goodness we're only a family of 3 right now because it will be my first attempt at making any form of clothing and who knows how long this will take! Will keep you all posted on how those go! :-)

No comments: