Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pregnancy update - 35 weeks!

It's almost the home stretch! My belly continues to grow as baby Graham continues to squirm in my belly. He's particularly busy at night when I'm trying to sleep - which has lead to some sleepless nights of acid reflux! My feet are noticeably more swollen this week from water retention. Ahh... the joys of pregnancy! But you forget all that when you start feeling his little limbs - moving about and trying to poke out of my belly. I've rub my belly so much that my shirts are starting to get so worn out with fuzz just around the belly area!
The doctor's visit this past Thursday went well. We tested for Group B Strep and also had our first cervical check. Doc said that baby is sitting low which is a good sign for birthing. I hope he is right! We also went to a childbirth class over the weekend. Thankfully Bobby survived sitting through the video session. And I didn't realize that the entire labor process could take so long! The only memorable visual was what they called "the ring of fire". That's when you start to see the baby's head during vaginal birth. OUCH!!!

On a less painful/happier note... after weeks (or has it been months?) of procrastination, I did finally finish painting the 1/2 bath downstairs. Yay! Although, I think I still need to work on my sanding techniques. Maybe we'll touch things up after baby Graham is born (famous last words???). I did change out the light fixture and towel holder. I still need to change out the faucet, which I've never done before. So we'll see how that goes!

No comments: