Monday, April 26, 2010

Backyard progress

This past weekend, with Bobby's help of heavy lifting (of course), we were able to add some new borders and mulch part of the backyard by the deck. The weeds were driving me crazy! So I finally decided that it was time to do something about it and this time, I decided to use weed fabric. I knew I should have used weed fabric in the front yard when I mulched last year. Oh well... guess I'm paying for it now!
By the way, that's my blueberry plant enclosed in the fence. It's making a comeback after being frozen during our last winter storm that happened on the first day of Spring!

Here's my next project in the backyard...
I should probably get to it before the next rainstorm because it will only get worse!
In the meantime, my mini vegetable garden is taking a really long time to grow. Hopefully things will progress quicker once the weather is consistently warmer. The sunflowers are doing quite well though. I will probably put those in the ground by the deck this week. They are suppose to grow up to 9-12 feet tall!

1 comment:

The Beams said...

Yes, that weedblock stuff is so important... It's really annoying to put down, though!