Tuesday, July 16, 2024

My birthday!!

Happy Birthday, to me!  This was back in the middle of June - so yeah, still catching on these blog postings. Ha ha!  There's been some news lately... (no, I'm not pregnant, LOL!!).  I applied for a "real" job in the middle of June/last month and got it! I'm now a Golf Instructor/Assistant Coach at a golf academy :-)

Well, more about that in a later posting - back to my birthday.  Yikes, 48 years old this year. What?! Getting too close to 50.  Aaaahhhh...!!!

I actually had some errands to run on my birthday and so, we stopped at a new spot for boba/milk tea along the way.  This makes Charlie a very happy boy.  It's like his favorite drink!
Geez, such fancy containers:
I didn't like the fact that you couldn't adjust the sweetness level.  At almost all these places, I will tell them to reduce the sweetness by half.  Needless to say, the boys were extra happy with their drinks because it was extra sweet!
We went to pick up a disc golf basket.  Yeah, I don't know why I wanted one but I figured perhaps the boys would actually spend more time in the yard.  Unfortunately, they haven't really gravitated towards the game.  Perhaps I need to actually get some proper "clubs".  Ya, it's just like golf where there are different sized and weighted disc. So you can have 14 "clubs" in your bag, which in this case would be in a form of a disc from drivers to fairway woods to irons and also the putter.  It's pretty crazy when I first saw this game while driving out on tour so many many years ago.

Well, ours isn't anything fancy. It's a portable one, so it's easy in and easy out:
I wanted an ABBA record the other day but didn't buy it, so I thought I'd buy one of their newer albums at this same store where the disc golf basket was at:
So it's seems that ABBA Voyage is actually a concert?! But they use digital avatars for the group members.  Wow, that's interesting! It's amazing what technology can do for your these days.

And, weirdly enough, I've also always wanted a Coyote ice hockey jersey (like back since college!!) and what do you know? There was one hanging on the rack!
Thankfully, it wasn't too expensive, so it was definitely a must-buy for the day :-)  And unfortunately, the Phoenix Coyotes is actually moving away to a different state. Looks like they went to Salt Lake City, UT!  Well, maybe the jersey will be a collector's item??! Or just junk. Who knows... LOL!!

The boys bought me a pair of pretty earrings.  I will never say not to earrings.  Although I do get lazy about changing them all the time. Ha!
So not too much going on for my birthday.  I definitely didn't want to forget about eating that mango pudding that we had bought earlier in the day. Yum!
Well, another year older... more achy fingers? I think I'm in denial about having arthritis.  I know my mom had it.  I do have an appointment for a Physical in a couple of weeks.  We'll see if I actually do need some meds for it, or perhaps just some CBD ointment? 

There's definitely been some exciting opportunities lately in this new year for me, especially with it also being the Year of the Dragon (which is my Chinese horoscope).  I've been busy making Kokedama and painting wine bottles for my new side biz/gig. Although just last weekend, my friend suggested that we only sell Kokedamas at the market, giving it a more organic vibe. It's definitely been keeping me busy.
The house is getting more messy each day as we speak though and the yard is starting to get overgrown. I do blame the mosquitoes - O. M. G., there are so many! I've never experienced such vicious mosquitoes before. Yikes! So anyway, that's my excuse for not working outside during the summer.  Ha!

Well, if anything, I should be looking forward to my 50th birthday in a couple of years because I'm thinking about climbing Mt. Kinabalu in my hometown of Sabah.  And my cousins from Australia are planning to join in on it too.  So that should be exciting. I hope it works out.  Planning will need to start next year.  Supposedly the mountain gets really busy with hikers and only a limited number of people are allowed to climb it each year.  Wish us luck. And until then, wish me luck at my new job! ;-)

No comments: