Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Orchestra/Band ~ Feb 4 & 8

I'm so glad both Graham and Charlie are still into their music.  Graham still plays violin for Orchestra and Charlie decided on clarinet for Band.

I finally got a chance to see Graham in action again.  I had missed two of his recital last year because of my multiples trips to Malaysia.  Oh, and Graham gave me this face because he was upset we went to McDonald's without him. He loves McDs for whatever reason!

Full house!  
We-fie :-)
There's Graham - looks like he is actually paying attention:
Not too shabby! They actually sound pretty good!
Here's the orchestra.  I'm thinking it's only for the kids in high school:
And they sound AMAZING!!
Graham is growing up too fast! 
Believe it or not, he actually has a baby mustache now and his voice is changing a bit too.

Boba and desserts after nearby.  It's always phone time with these boys:
See what I mean?! What does YouTube have that the real world doesn't have?? Ha!
Charlie gets all psyched up after watching the recital and decides to bust out a hand-me-down trumpet from his cousin:
Needs some work but definitely has potential! :-)
The keys were actually stuck.  So thankfully for YouTube, we were able to figure out how to oil them.  Charlie says he wants to be like his Band teacher, who can play all sorts of instruments :-)

A few days later, it was Charlie's turn:
6th Grade is sounding pretty good!
There hasn't been much progress with Moonlight Sonata on the piano lately with the boys' VR headset.  Perhaps if I tried to play/practice more on the piano, the boys might be more encouraged?  I have been organizing in the basement more lately.  More photos to follow soon.  But in the meantime, I'm cherishing all these moments.  I am definitely feeling a bit nostalgic lately about how quickly the boys are growing up, especially finding all their baby and toddler photos lately too.  Time is flying by too fast!!

No comments: