Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Misc photos

Just a quick photo dump on some of the recent happenings. First off, the basement.  Yes, it's still a mess!

But I managed to have the boys help me move the one shelf from the other side of the room to this side, so hopefully I can start organizing a bit better??!
I did managed to go through a couple of small boxes recently.  And I'm still finding all sorts of "souvenirs" from Abu Dhabi - including this plastic bag from the supermarket that we used to shop at in the basement of our apartment complex:
Crazy thing is we've left Abu Dhabi maybe 7 years ago now??!  Ha!
The boys (including daddy!) have been happily playing in the Virtual Reality world:
And that even includes playing the piano!
I know, it's pretty crazy with technology these days.  And seems that the only way that Bobby is going to have someone play Moonlight Sonata (his favorite music!) is with the boys using this VR set:
Looks like it's going to take a while but there's hope!! :-)

It's been quite nice having Bobby work from home.  That also means the occasional brunch.  But oh my gosh, so much food at this spot!!
How is this one meal for one person??!
And yes, those 2 large pancakes to the left of the photo were my sides!!

Finally promised the boys I would make shortbread. And I had a try at using gluten-free flour:
I attempted to use some different sugar too but that didn't work out so I ended up making a lot of batches.  Oops!  All in the learning process, I suppose.  Graham and Charlie were just happy to be able to eat shortbread again.  I think I spoil them too much! :-P

Another food photo - although I think this burger place may have changed management.  It didn't quite taste as yummy as before.  Boooooo :-(
Another reason I like to take Bobby out to brunch is he gets to fill up the gas tank of our truck while I'm waiting in the warmth of the car.  LOL!!
We had a couple of really foggy days last week:
This was on the way to REI to get our snowboards waxed:
And this was later in the evening by the lake near us.  It's definitely a lot prettier in person than what a camera phone can capture:
The next day, the snow/ice is thawing out a bit but there's still a couple of guys going out on the ice to ice fish!!
I finally went to the OBGYN to take care of my personal health.  All good, although I am due for another colonoscopy:
Unfortunately, I'm having the toughest time finding a doctor that will take Medicaid!  That's just unbelievable and frustrating.  Anyway, let's hope I'll have better luck with the next batch of doctors on my list.  Fingers crossed!!

Another home project that I was finally able to take care of.  Somehow the boys managed to tear up this paper lantern while I was away in Malaysia.  And of course, I just couldn't make myself throw it out and buy another:
I still had plenty of wallpaper so maybe this will work??!
Ta da!!!
The wallpaper did end up coming off so I had to use some adhesive spray.  Let's hope it stays on now.  One project down and a million more to go.  LOL!!

Graham's snow man is obviously looking pretty sad now. But it's crazy after almost 3 weeks that there are still remnants of it around!
We were just at the warehouse by Menards (another form of improvement store like Home Depot and Lowe's) and look at their pile of snow. And this photo was taken just yesterday.  Ha ha ha!!!
I helped update the planters at school.  I hope the teachers and kids enjoy them! :-)
Although when I asked the boys if they noticed and they would say, noticed what??!  Pha!

I recently went to the public library near by and they were giving away seeds.  Oh my gosh, SO MANY seeds!!  It's going to be a busy Spring!  
Although, supposedly I need to start planting some of them early outside but in some sort of covered container.  That way the seed is able to start in the cold conditions like "hibernating" during winter, I'm guessing.

Some books to help me out and yes, I need a lot of help.  Planting in the Midwest is so different from anywhere else!
And I got this little keychain pressed on-site.  One of the many services they offer at the library.  Cool!!
That's all for now! :-D

No comments: