Monday, May 22, 2023

Recent happenings

So much going on these past couple of weeks. Bobby went on a business trip and Graham and Charlie quickly grab their pillows and blankies to sleep with Mommy on our king size bed. Ha!
I went to a local lumber store recently with a friend.  They have some impressive stuff here!
I did find this sign which I thought was very funny.  Maybe I should have bought it. Now that I think about it, might be a good gift for my dad since he used to hunt a lot. He he...!
Out of all that lumber and beautiful wood, my friend and I went home with a basket each.  Too funny! But it's perfect for my stash of things that end up on the floor by my chair :-)
I didn't realized we have some pretty lilacs along our property. Some pink ones:
And some light purple ones:
Did I mention about Charlie already being on his phone for too long after school hours??!
He's going to end up with such bad posture! Already has bad posture from playing too much video games during the weekend.

Daddy has continued to do some of the cooking at home.  Yay Bobby!!  No complaints from anyone :-D
I didn't realize why our sun looked like there was a filter on it last week.  There was some sort of phenomenon called Pneumonia Front when a cold front with wind comes in from Lake Michigan:
So in reality, it was actually the smoke caused by the fires, all the way from Canada! Yikes!!

Charlie loves sitting in "my" chair.  We had purchased this with a matching footstool when we moved to California over 6 years ago. He says that when I die, he is going to remember me by this chair. So looks like he has already claimed it.  LOL!!
We went to try out a new restaurant last week and geez, burger is massive but yummy.  I could have done without all those fries though:
We decided to buy an Oriole feeder. Our neighbor across the lake mentioned that there has been some around our area.  Supposedly they like oranges and grape jelly.  I have so many sour oranges from some previous supermarket purchases.  I hope they don't mind them!
We did spot our first hummingbird last week.  I'm so excited to have one little one on the feeder! Charlie is calling this one "Skinny".  Ha ha! Definitely a lot slimmer than our "Chubby" in California!
I'm not sure where Bobby was tonight.  Hmmm, but the boys and I decided to go out for dinner. Oh right, Bobby was on a quick road trip to St Louis.  Again, boys are using all sorts of excuse to be able to use their phones at the dinner table:
Charlie is getting better at using his chopsticks.  In the photo below, I was trying to teach Charlie how to shove rice into his mouth by bringing the bowl up towards his mouth :-)
This kid is quite the ham!
It was Crazy Hair Day last Friday and at first, Charlie wanted a mullet. But in the end, we went with just a regular buzz cut.  I love the boys like this, and it will be easier to look out for ticks this summer!
This was actually Charlie's first hair cut since his hair donation during the Christmas holidays :-)

Back to food... I was crazing for some Malaysian food last week.  I'm so glad the Malaysian restaurant is not too far away.  And yum, that chili sauce was spicy!
And here's a popular drink - cendol with gula Melaka, which i local Malaysian form of brown sugar. I'm not exactly sure what cendol is make out of, but when we were kids, we always joked about how they look like little green worms.  Ha ha!
I've also been trying to find a new (used) driver that might give me 5-10 extra yards.  That qualifier for the US Women's Open is coming up in about 2 weeks and any extra yardage would be nice!
And you wonder why everyone isn't too bothered when I'm busy trying out these clubs at the local golf shop:
These boys (including Bobby) are too funny!!
I can't believe it but it was this time last year when we were staging our home in California!
I miss that little kitchen and that house. It was a good one for us.  But this house now is a good one for us too! We have been really lucky I think when it comes to home purchases. And I love how the boys are embracing all the new/different weather patterns here. There's like a gazillion different sweater hanging by the door and a gazillion different pairs of shoes too! LOL!!! There's still so much to organize, but I'm going to wait until my golf qualifier is over/after June 7th!

No comments: