Sunday, December 18, 2022

Putting up the Christmas tree

This year I think we have to give most of the credit to Charlie.  I'm so glad he was so motivated to get the tree up and with all the decorations as well:
This pre-lit tree still looks good after all these years.  We've had it since Graham was born - 12 years!!
Charlie was determined to get every ornament up on the tree:
I was just happy I was able to find all the Christmas stuff/boxes in the garage!
Ta da!! So pretty!!
We added a couple new ornaments this year.  Charlie wanted a fish one but while looking for it in the store, I found this blue-ish butterfly.  It's a nice reminder of our time in California as the area that we lived at was once a haven for Blue Butterflies:
We ended up ordering Charlie his fish ornament online.  Haha, this kid is too funny.  Still so hooked on fishing!!
We decided to go with some colored lights this year - for the Christmas tree and also the hedge along the driveway.  I think I'm really liking it with colors :-)
And of course, I can't comment enough about Charlie's new Ugly Sweater. Ha!
I believe it's the first Pridgen family ugly sweater and it comes complete with bells along the collar.  Charlie loves it!  He can't wait to wear it during Ugly Sweater Day at school this week.  He has also been prancing around and singing Jingle Bell Rock while wearing it.  Charlie is such a character!

No comments: