Thursday, July 28, 2022

New job and new (used) car

So happy things are working out!  Bobby didn't have a fulltime job coming into IL and within a week of moving, he has been able to secure a new job!  He did have one interview with this company in CA prior to moving.  There was also a job offer in St. Louis but I had already told Bobby that I wasn't moving - especially after the stress of packing and dealing with movers. I'm so glad he agreed, especially after seeing the new home here and also its surrounding area.

New job also means needing a second car.  I managed to find one online and we decided to go test drive it:
Bobby actually looked into a Mercedes but I told him that would be too flashy.  I think a Volvo gives a good impression for a new "General Manager" :-)
This car drives pretty fast!  Hopefully Bobby won't have a lead-foot when driving into Chicago.  Or perhaps it will just be a drive to a train station nearby.  Downtown Chicago is about 1 hr away.

Looks like the test drive was successful!
We do have a 30-day return if we decide on it.  Bobby was able to find satellite radio so he might be all set!  The only thing that's lacking is Navigation, but I guess that's what our phones are used for these days.

Looks like it's red color for Hers and blue color for His!
Good luck to Bobby when he starts his new job next week!

No comments: