Tuesday, July 26, 2022

New home update

There's been so much going on lately.  The movers showed up last Friday and the house has been a mess ever since!  But here's some photos prior to the mess :-)

I still can't believe we traveled with ALL of this stuff in the car and also above the car in the cargo box.  It was like playing Jenga or Tetris every time we moved from one hotel to the next - shoving bags or boxes in every nook and cranny of the trunk:

I love the beautiful flowers by the window:
And we brought our wind-spinning golf putting guy from CA.  He still needs some help with his putting!
The previous owner walked through the house with us when we arrived the Monday before last.  She even bought us snacks and cut some flowers from the garden for us:
Nothing like setting up the blow-up beds for the next few night:
Graham is trying to figure out if this slope on the side of the house will work as the future snow-sledding site.  It just might be perfect for it!  As long as the boys dodge that tree trunk to their right on the way down.  Ha ha!
Aren't these lovely?  
Some parts of the yard is already starting to overgrow.  I hope I find my gloves and clippers soon!  

But hopefully this huge tree out front won't topple over in the meantime. YIKES!  If anything, it is leaning away from the house:
I love these lights but I need to find out how to turn them on!
We are now Chicago Cubs fans! Eventually, we will get to a baseball game downtonw:
Nothing like doing take-out dinners for the next few night!  So far I still have only 1 pan and 1 cookie sheet.  Still so many boxes to unpack!
Aaahhh.... so bright in the morning in the bedrooms!  The windows only have these really light window shades.  It's been really difficult for me to sleep in :-P
First "victim" to the ceramic sink.  I'll have to be more gentle when washing dishes, especially when there's soft water involved.  Everything is just so much more slippery:
More updates to follow!

No comments: