Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Lake life

I guess this is what it's like now that we live near a lake.  Graham and Charlie have been so excited to just wander around the lake by themselves:
A few minutes later, we are already seeing water!
And suspension bridges.  It's definitely a bit wobbly!  Supposedly these connect the east side of the neighborhood to the west side of the neighborhood:
And soon enough, there are kayak sightings - lots and lots of them!
Poor Charlie was not looking where he was going and bumped his head on the tip of a kayak.  Unfortunately, it was one of the metal ones.  OUCH!  4 days later and he says his head still hurts.  Poor fella!
But "Play Island" is helping ease that pain a little bit:
I still don't know how kids swim in the lake.  I just read another case of brain-eating amoebas in the news - in Florida.  Totally freaks me out!
I say let the boys stick to jumping on these suspension bridges :-D
Woah, those houses on the "West side" are ENORMOUS!!!
There's a cute little reading nook in "Rest Island":
Okay, some of the houses on our side are also quite large.  I think we have one of the smaller homes around here:  Even at 3,300 sq ft!
We went to an Italian restaurant nearby and our waitress asked what we were celebrating (I wonder if there always needs to be a celebration when eating at this particular restaurant??!).  We said to celebrate our move to this new area.  And she gave us a yummy tiramisu on the house for dessert. Definitely coming back again :-)
And oh, Bob survived the trip! I put him in a box within a box and had him in the car the entire trip.  Charlie even wrote its name "BOB" on the box so we didn't forget to bring him along:
I think Bob survived.  Oh yeah... this is "Bob the Cactus" if you didn't know of it yet.  He's my very first cactus/pet from my first year of college (back in 1995!).  Coincidentally named him Bob before hubby Bob came along.  How funny is that??! LOL!!
I didn't get a chance to clean "Bob" off so he has remnants of all the leaves and fallen flowers from California.  And now, he's actually stuck in some spot in the garage and I can't get to him because there's too many boxes in the garage!  So hopefully he will survive another week or so without water, or until I can clear up a few more boxes.  Never a dull moment when it comes to moving.  But I thought it was so funny when Graham and Charlie were the ones that said we couldn't leave "Bob" behind.  

Oh, here's a photo of all the snacks that our friends had packed up for the kids.  Funny enough, they put it in an Emergency bag.  Ha ha!  There's actually a story behind the emergency bag because that's how the mom and I met - during an Emergency Training Session about 4 years ago:
Here are two more house plants that survived the trip.  I just had to bring one of the Agave babies to our new home :-D
Back to lake life... boys bought some bait from the local gas station yesterday:
I wonder who is actually handling the worms.  On our last fishing trip, I made sure I had some gloves on before touching those worms.  Just can't quite do it with my bare hands.  At least not yet!
Off they go!
I love how they can go and do all these activities on their own.  We are having them carry 2-way radios at this time and so far so good on those.  Hopefully in time, they will make some friends around the neighborhood.  Everyone has been great so far - waving every time we drive or walk by.  It's like a dream!  And thank goodness it's catch and release here.  If I'm not letting the boys swim in the lake, I'm not so sure about eating the fish in there either!!

No comments: