Sunday, April 28, 2019

Recent happenings

Here are more home projects!  I was moving some plants around and then Graham suggested that I put some pavers instead.  So I guess what the kids wants, Mommy will consider??!
The driveway is a bit steep so the pavers is a nice option to have since the boys sometimes come out of the car that way.  We grabbed the pavers from the backyard so at least there was no extra cost there (not yet at least!).  And check out this flower:
It's like a tulip but it's from this succulent-like plant by the front, which is over-flowing onto the driveway!
In the meantime, another project is on the way in the backyard.  Yup! Another paving project - this time is a spot to put the BBQ grill:
And also another to-do/clean-up project on another side of the backyard.  Can you believe we have been in this house for 6 months now and it's still so disorganized??!  LOL!!!
We still get foggy mornings on the way to school and then, the marine layer shows up in the afternoon.  It will be "May Gray" soon...!
Finally had a chance to play 18 holes at Los Verdes GC!  I was starting to call it "Slow" Verdes because it takes FOREVER to play 18 holes here.  From what I've heard, it's over 6 hours over the weekend.  That's ridiculous!   Anyway, at least this past week, I was able to finish 18 holes well before school pickup time and at least enjoy some of the pretty flowers around the golf course:
These purple flowers are so pretty!
I actually texted Bobby this photo saying I was in "Position A" to get onto the green in 2!  But... I pull-hooked it left and ended up (thankfully) just past that tree to the left by the left-bunker.  Still made par :-P
PS - Yippeeee!!! The house numbers are all finally up properly.  My shoulder was sore for 2 days trying to drill into this tough stucco!!!!  I had to cheat a little while trying to the anchor so hopefully these numbers will stay up:
And I think I found the culprit who stole my apples from the tree last fall!  SQUIRREL!!!
More happenin's to follow for sure :-D

No comments: