Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Whale o'clock!

Every day I would drive along the coast to school for drop-off and pick-up.  Last week, I spotted a whale blowing out of its spout!  So once I picked up the boys, we headed back down the hill and over to the Point Vicente Interpretive Center for some whale watching.  We were not too late thankfully and Graham and Charlie were able to borrow a couple of binoculars from the Center as well:
We spotted one whale and 3 dolphins.  This is actually our first sighting for us this Spring.  My phone couldn't zoom in very well but I swear there's a dolphin in that photo below!
The boys had a really good time with the binoculars.  We didn't stay for long though as the Center was closing at 5pm and they had our car keys as a deposit for the binoculars.  So, we had to before to return them before closing time:
Graham loves reading the statistics on the whale sightings.  I think it's funny how on that particular day, there were 40 whales going Northbound and somehow 1 whale is going Southbound??!  What could that whale be possibly thinking?  Did he forget his keys or something??? Ha ha!
We are so lucky to be in this part of the country!

No comments: