Wednesday, July 25, 2018

More golf

Seems like it's been forever since my last post!  Graham and Charlie have completed their 2nd golf camp probably a couple of weeks ago now and have started on a new camp this week.  That has worked out quite well because my golf tournament is next week!  It's the Long Beach Women's Open.  Wish me luck!

Here are some photos from the last golf camp.  We are taking a drink break with fizzy flavored water.  Graham and Charlie always thinks that is such a treat!
Charlie is going down the line of coaches and giving high-5's on the last day of camp:
Charlie got a Silver medal this time during the putting competition!  Graham probably would have won Bronze but he 5-putted the last hole??!
After camp, I decided to take the boys out for a round of golf.  We are sporting the new push cart.  Yay!!!
Charlie got his hands on the camera again.  Action-cam!
It was such a sloooooow day starting out and we are already waiting on the 2nd tee-box with 2 other groups waiting as well.  Time for a we-fie!
More selfies:
The boys get creative with their wait time.  I think they were trying to stick their clubs up in the tree???
By the 9th tee-box, Graham definitely has the right idea:
Charlie is busy with my range finder.  I am glad the boys didn't break it!  Hopefully it won't run out of battery during my tournament next week!
It took over 3-hours to play 9 holes.  How is that possible!!!  I don't understand why these public golf courses allow fivesomes (5 in a group) to play.  That is just ridiculous!!!  Anyway... I had to vent.

On another day, I take the boys out to a small little Par 3 course.  It was small for sure!  All of us only carried 2 clubs each!  I had a wedge and my putter and Graham and Charlie each had their 7-iron and their putter.  And 2 golf balls for them in case they lost one!
Might have been worth to pay a little more to play elsewhere I think.  Although the boys did enjoy it!
Or perhaps they were just more excited to finish up and play at the playground right next door??!
Here is our first official score card!
Might have to go back there again next summer to see how much the boys have improved :-)

No comments: