Sunday, July 8, 2018

First bike ride along the beach

We took the boys on a bike ride last weekend.  I finally had a chance to ride with the boys!  We went down to Redondo Beach.  Unfortunately, Bobby still doesn't have a bike so he walked along and the boys and I would park and they would play while we waited for Daddy.

At some point, I had my "sun wrap" literally wrap itself around my entire back tire!!!  No photos as I didn't have my camera or phone with me.  But this is basically what it did once I was able to untangle the wrap off:
I obviously didn't realize that my wrap was dragging along the back tire and eventually as it was loosening from my waist,... well, you know the story.  The boys were riding ahead of me and it took me a few minutes to get back on my bike again.  By the time I got to them, Graham and Charlie had parked to the side and Graham waved at me when I saw him.  And he immediately said "Sorry we were going too fast for you, Momma!"  Ha ha... too funny!!!

Well, now how do I fix these two big holes??!!!  I didn't have iron-on patches big enough and decided to use some old fabric from the boys' old/worn-out shorts.  Then, an idea popped up.  I decided to just use one of the shorts' pockets to patch it up.  Ta da!!!
Probably a bit "obnoxious" but at least the holes are gone!!! And I now have a little pocket for my sun wrap.  Definitely lesson learnt from this bike ride!  I need to be more "European" and just drape my sun wrap over my shoulders instead ;-D

No comments: