Monday, May 14, 2018

Practicing / Playing golf again

I finally decided to meet up with the Director of Golf at the Par-3 resort golf course next door to our apartment.   It is only about a 5 minute walk away!
That's my shadow... walking to the golf course :-)  And ahhh... lots of green and no one around!
I was quite lucky today - the course was quite empty with very few hotel guests.  The ocean views here aren't too shabby!
So the deal is I get to use the practice facility for free (can you see me jumping for joy with the word FREE!!??) and pay the discounted rate for all-you-can-play on the golf course.  Can't beat that deal!
Some interesting flowers along the way - never seen these before.  Seems like I say that a lot with the foliage around here. I suppose so much more color than Abu Dhabi. Ha ha!!!
So pretty but don't touch!  So many bees around the flowers!!!
And always neat to see the Goodyear blimp flying around here:
So thankful for the resort's generosity in letting me play/practice.  No excuses now for not practicing!  Hoping to do well at an upcoming golf tournament later in July/August. Wish me luck!

No comments: