Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Plants update

So.... our pumpkin plant had finally called it quits! :-(
Not exactly sure what had happened but at least we did managed to get one baby pumpkin out of it.  And we learned a whole lot about pollination too! :-)
The bell pepper is still doing well, although we are still fighting the aphids.  Blahh!!!
I did buy a couple more new pots so I can give the new plants some more space:
We have kale...
And carrots...
And baby tomato plants!
I forgot to check for aphids during the transplant so now I have to check EVERY single plant!!!  I need to go find some lady bugs!!!

We bought a new succulent for Graham. Let's hope this one survives!
I discovered a new fruit called loquat. It is really sweet although quite a bit of work to take the seeds out before you actually eat the fruit.  And there are at least 2-3 seeds in each fruit and the seeds are so big in comparison to the fruit!  Well, Charlie really liked the fruit so we are also trying to plant it now :-D 
And oh... also trying to plant a mango seed??!! Will keep you all posted on that one! :-D

No comments: