Sunday, February 4, 2018

Rock pier

The boys and I were at this "rock pier" in Redondo Beach maybe a couple of months ago but I could not let them go too far.  It gets a bit tricky especially trying to help Charlie and also trying to make sure neither one of them fall over into the ocean!  It is not very deep but these tides/waves can be quite brutal.  Okay, we are off!
The boys and their sticks :-\
It's funny how the waves on the right side of the "rock pier" is much calmer compared to the left side.  If we ever go surfing, we will definitely start on this right side!  Nice and calm as you can see in the background, but on the left side... bigger waves!
We find a crab between the cracks of the rocks. I am so glad Charlie did not panic like the last time like we were at the tide pools:
Here is what lies ahead:
Graham is really good with moving along the rocks.  I was quite impressed!  Charlie is very careful and always saying to himself "Slow and steady wins the race!"  Ha ha... he is too funny.  We got about 3/4 way out.  Here's a look back to the shore:
We almost got splashed a couple of times.  Graham's expression here is just timeless :-)
I see some grass??? I hope this is not like that Japanese seaweed that I like to eat??!
It is definitely a good thing I have Bobby around.  That way I can take more photos as well :-D
We get off the rocks and the boys start drawing in the sand. Charlie says it's Mickey Mouse!
I can't remember if Graham is trying to draw Mickey as well.  Hmmm...
These boys love LOVE the beach.  They are obviously getting too close to the water and Charlie actually does end up getting his shoes and socks wet!  You can see the "rock pier" in the backdrop:
A lovely sunset at what we call "Dolphin Beach":
We were just there earlier this week and spotted a couple of dolphins in the water.  So happy the boys are able to experience different things in their young lives. Such lucky kids!!!

No comments: