Sunday, February 4, 2018

Random photos

I have been having Charlie work on his cursive handwriting.  He was quite rebellious about doing it but he is finally getting the hang of it and doesn't complain (as much) now:
I really need to get Graham to practice his handwriting too. He is getting better though, as long as he doesn't try to write so fast. "But my friend so-and-so writes really fast!" as he would say.  That and he also now wants a new phone???!  I think we should just stick to the trees:
He makes it look so easy.  The tree trunk would probably break if I did that, which is why I don't even attempt to :-P
Charlie is very conservative, as usual:
Graham managed to find the PERFECT tree trunk to relax on:
I think this photo was taken around 4:30pm and can you see that fog in the ocean? It has rolled towards LAX airport:
The boys can make anything fun.  Ha!
Last but not least, a couple of weeks ago I headed to the nearest Asian market to buy some more Milo (my favorite hot-chocolate drink :-)  There is a couple of restaurants in the market and I couldn't help myself but order one of my favorite Korean dishes.  It is called Bibimbap - which literally means "mixed rice".  Interesting fact here... that this dish was eaten on the eve of the Lunar New Year as people at that time felt they had to get rid of all the leftover side dishes before the New Year.
Yes, that is a fried egg, with a mix of carrots, mushrooms, beef, some veggies, beansprouts, cucumbers all placed on top of (A LOT of) rice that you can't see.  And to the left, some pickled carrot and cucumber slices, kimchi (YUM!!!), and some weird cheese curd??? I haven't quite figured out that last one yet (it's to the bottom left of the photo). It didn't taste very good anyway. It is time to go back to the Asian market soon, maybe I won't eat the whole thing this time.  Just maybe :-P

No comments: